|Written by Bryce McGlothlin|
|Tuesday, 22 February 2011 10:47|
MINUTES OF SPECIAL MEETING OF SCHOOL BOARD
OF BLOOMFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT
January 29, 2009
The Board of School Trustees of the Bloomfield School District, of Greene County, Indiana, met in special session on January 29, 2009, at 7:00 p.m. in the jr/sr high school conference room at Bloomfield Junior/Senior High School, 501 W. Spring Street, Bloomfield, Indiana. The following school board members were present: John Combs, Steve Dowden, Doug Frye, Keith Hanauer, Marvin Helms, and Dwayne Hostetter. Sandy Parkes May was absent. Board President, Marvin Helms, called the special meeting to order at approximately 7:00 p.m. The following order of business was transacted with the President presiding:
1. Quorum Established. School board president Marvin Helms stated that a quorum was present for the meeting.
2. Board Approves Superintendent to Conduct Elections for Board of Finance. Superintendent Sichting explained that the former President of the Board of Finance was no longer a member of the Bloomfield School District Board of School Trustees and recommended the Board allow him to preside over the election of officers. Steve Dowden moved to approve the recommendation. John Combs seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
3. 2009 President and Secretary Elected to the Board of Finance of the Bloomfield School District. Superintendent Sichting explained that the Board of Finance was required to elect a president and a secretary each year. Steve Dowden nominated Marvin Helms to serve as president of the Board of Finance for 2009. Doug Frye moved that nominations be closed for the office of President of the Board of Finance. John Combs seconded the motion. Nominations were closed by a 6-0 vote. Marvin Helms was named President by a 6-0 vote. At this time, Board of Finance President Marvin Helms asked for nominations for secretary of the Board of Finance. Doug Frye nominated Dwayne Hostetter to serve as secretary of the Board of Finance for 2009. Keith Hanauer moved to close nominations for the office of Secretary of the Board of Finance. Steve Dowden seconded the motion. Nominations were closed by a 6-0 vote. Dwayne Hostetter was named Secretary by a 5-0-1 vote. Mr. Hostetter abstained from voting.
4. Depositories Identified By the Board. President Helms announced that the official minutes should state that the depositories used for revenue for the Bloomfield School District are Bloomfield State Bank, Main Source Bank, and Farmers and Mechanics Federal Savings and Loan Association.
5. School District Investment Report Reviewed. President Helms told the Board that the District had invested $1,000,000 in a 90 day certificate of deposit with Famers & Mechanics Savings and Loan and earned interest at a rate of 3.5%. (See Attached)
6. School District Investment Income Policy Reviewed. The Board had been provided with Policy #6144, Investment Income for their review. President Helms asked for any comments concerning the policy. Receiving none the policy will stay as written. (See Attached)
7. Adjournment. There being no further business, Steve Dowden moved to adjourn. Doug Frye seconded the motion. The meeting was then adjourned by a 6-0 vote.