|Written by Bryce McGlothlin|
|Tuesday, 22 February 2011 10:38|
MINUTES OF SPECIAL MEETING OF SCHOOL BOARD
OF BLOOMFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT
January 31, 2008
The Board of School Trustees of the Bloomfield School District, of Greene County, Indiana, met in special session on January 31, 2008, at 7:00 p.m. in the jr/sr high school conference room at Bloomfield Junior/Senior High School, 501 W. Spring Street, Bloomfield, Indiana. The following school board members were present: Steve Dowden, Doug Frye, Keith Hanauer, Marvin Helms, Robert Kirk, Sandy Parkes May and Eric Moody. Board of Finance president, Steve Dowden, called the special meeting to order at approximately 7:00 p.m. The following order of business was transacted with the President presiding:
1. Quorum Established. Board of Finance president Steve Dowden stated that a quorum was present for the meeting.
2. 2008 Board President and Secretary Elected to the Board of Finance of the Bloomfield School District. Steve Dowden was elected president of the Board of Finance in January of 2007 and was required to conduct this part of the meeting. Mr. Dowden explained that the Board of Finance was required to elect a president and a secretary each year. Keith Hanauer nominated Eric Moody to serve as president of the Board of Finance for 2008. Robert Kirk seconded the motion. Eric Moody was named president of the Board of Finance for 2008 by a 6-0-1 vote. Mr. Moody abstained from voting. Robert Kirk nominated Doug Frye to serve as secretary of the Board of Finance for 2008. Eric Moody seconded the motion. Doug Frye was named secretary of the Board of Finance by a 6-0-1 vote. Mr. Frye abstained from voting.
3. Depositories Identified By The Board. Superintendent Sichting announced that the official minutes should state that the depositories used for revenue for the Bloomfield School District are Bloomfield State Bank, Main Source Bank, and Farmers and Mechanics Federal Savings and Loan Association. (See Attached)
4. School District Investment Policy Reviewed. Superintendent Sichting explained that as the school district’s cash flow allows, money is invested in Certificates of Deposit (CD). He said that in the event that this is the case, the Treasurer contacts three banks and asks for their interest rate for short-term investments. He shared that during 2007Bloomfield School District was able to purchase a Certificate of Deposit (CD). (See Attached) This was an information only item.
5. Adjournment. There being no further business, Marvin Helms moved to adjourn. Doug Frye seconded the motion. The meeting was then adjourned by a 7-0 vote.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 February 2011 10:41|