|Written by Bryce McGlothlin|
|Tuesday, 22 February 2011 10:17|
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING OF SCHOOL BOARD
OF BLOOMFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT
January 26, 2006
The Board of School Trustees of the Bloomfield School District, of Greene County, Indiana, met in regular session on January 26, 2006, in the jr/sr high school conference room in Bloomfield Junior/Senior High School, 501 West Spring Street, Bloomfield, Indiana. The following school board members were present: Peggi Blakley, Nancy Canty, Keith Hanauer, Marvin Helms, Robert Kirk, and Eric Moody. Steve Dowden was absent. Vice President Eric Moody called the meeting to order at approximately 7:10 p.m. The following order of business was transacted with the Vice President presiding:
1. Recognitions. Jason Skomp recognized the girls’ basketball team as undefeated Conference Champs. Jr/Sr High School principal Greg Parsley stated that Bloomfield ISTEP scores were impressive and commended Christina Crane for putting together a nice colored grid showing recent ISTEP scores for Bloomfield students. Mr. Parsley told the Board that recently jr/sr high school teachers participated in “Write your Legislator Day” with 108 letters going out to State Representatives, State Senators, and the Governor. He announced that the NJROTC inspection is scheduled for February 1st. Mr. Parsley also made known that for the first time Bloomfield be hosting a Speech meet and applauded Speech coach Jen Gerni for putting everything together for that meet. Mary Jane Vandeventer introduced 7th grade student Evan Rush who was present working on an Eagle Scout merit badge. Mrs. Vandeventer told the Board that on Tuesday January 31st Channel 2 would be coming to do a TV segment on Student Citizenship, under the direction of Susan Street, at Bloomfield Elementary. She also told of a couple of upcoming PTO events, which were Read Across America and Grandparents’ Day.
2. Approval of Minutes. The Board had been provided with minutes of the executive session and regular school board meeting both held on December 29, 2005, which had been prepared by corporation recording secretary Kelli Vandeventer. Peggi Blakley moved to approve the minutes as presented. Nancy Canty seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by a 5-0-1 vote. Mr. Kirk abstained from voting because he was not present at the meetings.
3. Treasurer’s Report. The Board had been provided with the Treasurer’s Report, prepared by corporation treasurer Sue Pritts, consisting of the Appropriation Report and Claims Listing Report. Keith Hanauer moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Marvin Helms seconded the motion. The motion passed by a 6-0 vote.
4. Transfer of Appropriations in 2005 Budget Approved. It was recommended that the Board accept a report from the Treasurer showing transfers within and among both minor and major categories in all funds in order to allow for expenditures to close out the 2005 budget. (See attached) Nancy Canty moved to accept the Treasurer’s report. Keith Hanauer seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
5. Change Order for Roofing Project Accepted. Superintendent Hasler told the Board that the original accepted bid B & L quoted included a $10,000 contingency allowance for the project. He said only $890.00 had been used of that allowance for a new fan hood on the agriculture shop. Mr. Hasler said the remaining $9,110.00 would be credited toward the final payment. He recommended accepting the change order as provided. Marvin Helms moved to accept the change order per Mr. Hasler’s recommendation. Peggi Blakley seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
6. ECA Resignation Accepted. It was recommended that the Board accept the resignation of Mr. Todd Humerickhouse as 5th grade boys’ basketball coach effective October 27, 2005. Keith Hanauer moved to accept the resignation. Robert Kirk seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
7. ECA Recommendations Approved. Board members were provided with ECA recommendations for the 2005-2006 school year from Mr. Parsley and/or Mr. Skomp. Superintendent Hasler included his support of these recommendations. The recommendations were to name Nathan Helms as Boys’ 5th Grade Basketball Coach, Jason Pegg as Varsity Baseball Coach, Tucker Evans as Jr. Varsity Baseball Coach, Zach Crane as Volunteer Baseball Coach, Michael Hayes as Varsity Softball Coach, and Mark Evans as Jr. Varsity Softball Coach. Nancy Canty moved to approve the recommendations as presented. Peggi Blakley seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
8. Athletic Director Resignation Accepted. It was recommended that the Board accept the resignation of Mr. Jason Skomp as Athletic Director for the Bloomfield School District effective at the end of the 2005-2006 school year. Keith Hanauer regretfully made a motion to accept Mr. Skomp’s resignation. Marvin Helms seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote. The Board expressed their sincere thanks to Mr. Skomp and wished him well in his new position.
9. NJROTC Field Trip to Grove City, Ohio Approved. It was recommended that the Board approve Naval Science Instructor Ostergren’s request for a trip to Grove City, Ohio to compete in the Academic Team, PT Team and Drill Team contests. The students would leave March 10th and return on March 11th. (See attached) Keith Hanauer moved to approve the trip as provided. Nancy Canty seconded the motion, which passed by a 6-0 vote.
10. Superintendent Search Update. School Board Vice President Eric Moody gave an update on the progress of finding a new Superintendent to replace Mr. Hasler when he retires in June 2006. Mr. Moody said that the screening committee has had its first meeting and is processing ten candidates.
11. Adjournment. There being no further business Robert Kirk moved to adjourn. Keith Hanauer seconded the motion. The meeting was then adjourned by a 6-0 vote.