|Written by Christina Crane|
|Tuesday, 25 January 2011 10:31|
Welcome to the Bloomfield Jr/Sr High School
School Counseling Web Page
Seniors: Many of you have been or will be registering for fall classes. Here is some information regarding the transfer of college courses that you have taken while enrolled at Bloomfield Jr/Sr High School.
2. If you took a course through Ivy Tech, then you must submit a Transcript Request through Ivy Tech. There is a $5 cost to you. Visit this link to have a copy of your transcript sent to your college of choice:
CORE 30 CERTIFICATE
If you earned the majority of credits through VU and wish to apply for a Core 30 Certificate through Vincennes University, then you must complete the following:
1. Submit a transcript request to Ivy Tech to "transfer" the credits to Vincennes University.
2. Contact Heather Moffatt in the Project Excel office at 812-888-4120 or 1-800-670-1230 to inform her that you are seeking a Core 30 Certificate.
3. Upon receipt of the transcript from IVY Tech; VU will review your credits to ensure that you have received a minimum of 15 credits from Vincennes University AND a minimum of 30 credits total encompassing all areas.
4) If the criteria is met, V.U. will issue the certificate in AUGUST and place the designation on the Core 30 Certificate designation on their transcript in AUGUST.
If you earned the majority of the credits through Ivy Tech and wish to apply for a Core 30 Certificate through Ivy Tech, then you must complete the following:
1) Submit a transcript request to Vincennes University to "transfer" credits to Ivy Tech;
2) Contact Trudy Shaw, Dual Credit Liasion, at 812-330-6040 to inform Ivy Tech that you wish to receive a Core 30 Certificate through Ivy Tech;
3) Upon receipt of the transcript from V.U.; Ivy Tech will review your credits to ensure that you have received a minimum of 18 credits from Ivy Tech AND a minimum of 30 credits total encompassing all areas.
4) If the criteria is met, Ivy Tech will issue the certificate in June and place the designation on the Core 30 Certificate designation on their transcript in June.
SAT@School Day: Juniors will participate in the SAT @ School Day for free on Tuesday, April 12, 2016. Students must report promptly to their testing rooms by 8:15 a.m. Students who are absent that day and/or are late to school will not be able to participate in this opportunity. Students are encouraged to practice for the SAT by taking practice tests. Collegeboard has partnered with Khan Academy to prepare students fo the new SAT suite of exams.
ISTEP+ Part 2 Grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, and Biolgy I students: April 25-29, 2016
AP Calculus AB/M211: Thursday, May 5, 2016
Algebra I ECA Retesters: May 10, 2016
English 10 ECA and Retesters: May 11, 2016
AP World History: Thursday, May 12, 2016
Does your student need assistance in a particular subject? Tutoring may be the answer. Contact any Tutor below on the list and arrange a meeting time and place. Note: Students do charge an hourly fee for their services.
Aubrey Adams, Grade 12: 812-381-3812 Subjects: Chemistry I and Biology
Alex Chestnut, Grade 12: 812-384-7177 Subjects: Spanish 1, II, III, and IV
Kyleigh Miller, Grade: 812-345-0072 Subjects: French I, II
Addison Sparks, Grade 12: 812-325-8122 Subjects: Spanish 1, II, III, and IV
Averi Workman, Grade 12: 812-381-2046 Subjects: French I, II, III, and IV
Daelyn Arthur, Grade 11: 812-272-3478 Subjects: Pre-Algebra 7, 8; Algebra I, II, Geometry, Spanish II, II, and English 7-10
Sommer Edmundson, Grade 10: 812-381-4239 Subjects: Algebra I, Geometry, Biology I
Becky Riggs, Grade 9 812-384-0339 Subjects: Pre-Algebra 7, 8 and Algebra I; History 8; and English 7-8
|Last Updated on Monday, 18 April 2016 10:41|